Our Commitment to Accessibility
CollegeNET strives to make its web content and services as accessible as is practicable in support of the mission of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative, which is to lead the web to its full potential, including promoting a high degree of usability for people with disabilities.
- We use principles of accessibility by design in our website and software development processes.
- We conduct accessibility testing of new web content and services as part of our quality assurance process.
- We make completed Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates for our services available upon request; these VPATs document the level of conformity our services have to identified accessibility standards (for example, WCAG 2.0. level AA).
- We have development roadmaps that include prioritized remediation plans to address identified accessibility issues with our services.
- Our Commitment to Accessibility is posted on our public website.
- We give preference to third party service providers that adhere to accessibility best practices.
- We provide relevant accessibility training for employees.
- We have an internal accessibility specialist who advocates to raise awareness of accessibility issues and to promote a culture of accessibility throughout our organization.
If you have questions or concerns about the accessibility of our services, please contact our accessibility specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.